locked Re: User Manual Poll #poll #ExploreScientific

Matthew Krauft

Good morning. I’d like to preface this reply by saying everyone at Explore Science have been wonderful in answering any and all questions I have. I can’t say enough about the staff there.

As someone new to astrophotography, I’m realizing there is a tremendous learning curve, and I’ve had to stop myself from buying my way out of some problems I come across. I have a suggestion as someone new to this, but I think I could also speak for the thousands, or maybe tens of thousands of other individuals in my shoes who are also new at this due to being stuck at home during this trying time. I think ES should be cranking out tutorial videos on YouTube covering all aspects of astro for beginners With ES equipment. Ranging from mount set up, PA, star alignment, ASCOM, guiding, image acquisition, needed accessories,  etc. I’ve seen a couple youtubers take advantage of this during this time, but not anything from any of the major brands. I’m guessing most people in this hobby are men, and men are typically visual learners. I’m also guessing here, but I’m most beginners to this hobby are probably older and may not have the computer skills to enjoy this hobby.  To me it’s a win/win for everybody.

Thanks again for putting customers first. Wanting feedback is a testament to that.

Just my two cents.

-Matt

On May 8, 2020, at 10:03 AM, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

We at Explore Scientific always value our customer's feedback, and so I want to ask you about your experience with our user manuals.

Question: What do you not like about the Explore Scientific user manuals?

Please respond and comment on this thread with additional information you may want to share.

1. I can't find it on your website
2. I can’t understand it
3. It didn’t provide the information I was looking for
4. I couldn’t find the information I was looking for
5. It didn’t provide enough pictures
6. It’s too technical
7. It provided too much detail, it confused me
8. It didn’t come with the product
9. It didn’t explain how to use the product
10. I didn’t care for the format
11. It has a manual?

Vote Now

jrh at explorescientific.com