Re: A question on exosgt2 with qhy polemaster

Bill Black

Hi Kevin,
I use ASCOMPAD connected to ASCOM POTH for manual movements.
The ASCOM POTH works well, since I have several applications sending commands to the mount (Stellarium Scope, ASCOMPAD, and PHD).
The only drawback is that you can't look through an eyepiece or finder at the same time, since ASCOMPAD is running on the computer.
I understand that you can connect a game controller to ASCOMPAD and then you could actually have something in your hand to move the mount while using visually, but I haven't tried that yet.
--

Bill
Location: Dallas, GA

Mounts: EXOS II PMC-Eight, LXD75