Re: New ASCOM Platform 6.5 Testing

Dan Kahraman

Dave:

Some people will take issues with this but I run everything in Administrator mode. The only mount I have that is not EQMod/EQAscom based is my EXos2 PMC mount. I have not had any issues since I started executing all my application as Administrator. Otherwise it is back to endless frustration.

All three of my laptops (Windows 10) are the same way and I use ASCOM 6.4, and POTH.

The nabobs of knowing all ness will bring up the issue of security being compromised if I run these applications with a higher level of security (thus allowing malware to slip through)

I certainly sympathize with the man from Austria.

Dan Kahraman

On Mon, 18 May 2020 at 13:37, Dave Cherry <andromedacity@...> wrote:

OOO thanks Dan, I take you’ve not had great experience with it either!

I hope one day its does work as we have to move on from time to time, like ..im not using Win95 anymore.

Please tell me what does work for you.

Dave

Sent from Mail for Windows 10