Re: New ASCOM Platform 6.5 Testing

Chris Tardif

Rainy Monday afternoon and I'm into my second beer as I watch a YouTube video about logarithms.

Running everything as administrator is akin to running with scissors while being chased by a zombie.  Generally not recommended.

It can be somewhat dangerous, but under certain circumstances...quite necessary.

The problem is that way too much software is written and tested under the administrator account...which implicitly means the dev assumed it would run that way.

Astrospheric says my gear is staying inside until Wednesday. https://www.astrospheric.com/?Latitude=44.00792744723119&Longitude=-79.48449106269395

Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.
CameraASI120MM Mini (mono), Altair GPCAM 130
Control PC: Intel NUC
Loc: 44 -79