Re: EXOS 2 GT Payload Capacity

Kent Marts- Explore Scientific Customer Service

Whenever I'm faced with a difference like this, I ALWAYS refer to the manufacturer's information rather than a dealer or vendor. Why? Because there are fewer links in the information chain to get messed up. Sort of like the old Telephone Game, where you whisper a phrase in someone's ear, then they pass it to the next person, and the final person says it out loud.

About a year ago, after testing the payload capacity of the EXOS2 with PMC-Eight was raised from a broad statement of 28-pound capacity (and leaving it to the customer to learn about the 60% rule, or 50% rule for astrophotography) to a much more transparent statement -- this much for AP, this much for visual. The capacity went to 28 pounds of equipment (not including counterweights) for astrophotography.

--
Kent Marts
Customer Service

Gear: Anything in the store!