Re: Couple questions about the EXOS2-GT PMC8 #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

Dave Cherry

Hi Bill,

I feel your pain, I’ve spent the last 3 days trying to get this to work!

But last night , everything worked! And I’m not entirely sure why

Using ascom 6.4 ,  6.5 does not work for me

Reboot the laptop from cold

Connected to mount via wifi (I’m going to try the serial tonight)

Load poth

select Ascom , setup ascom with pmc driver check you site data etc...

dis-engage tracking then re-engage it.

load sharpcap Pro (but do not connect it to any mount, this is still a problem for me)

load Stellarium select poth as mount.

Load ph2 select poth as mount

It worked , like I said if you have asked me a couple of days ago , I would have said its never going to work?? Who knew.

I’m going to have another go tonight.

If I find anything else out , Ill let you know.

Cheers

Dave

Note that when using Stellarium directly with poth the slew sync and cancel keys are different than Stellarium scope.

Eg: ALT SHIFT 1 to sync

Sent from Mail for Windows 10