Re: Choosing Alignment Stars

darrell burke

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:57 AM, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering wrote:
"Frankly, we are not here to teach astrophotography or other aspects of the hobby to our customers. In my opinion, it is up to the customer to teach themselves about the hobby..."
Where pray tell did he ask you to do that?

Also please direct me to the online info that derails the differences between the windows  and andriod interface. I mean obviously it must be my unrealistic expectations that are the issues ... or perhaps my laziness.

There is this video for the windows version you did 2+ years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hPg4IZZlXY&t=793s

Which completely leads an android used astray and there is this:

https://espmc-eight.groups.io/g/MAIN/topic/32744075#4268

And that is NOT easy to find.... but again I guess its my fault I can't find this stuff and spend 75 percent of my time searching this place and the rest of the the internet and 25 confused in the dark not understanding the vargarities of the interface.

As for industy standards ... I don't know about 'paper in box' [although why that is considered unreasonable given the $$$ one forks out is completely illogical]  - but if you visit Clestron, the Manual and Software section is simple and easy to navigate. They don't ask you instead visit a forum to find out basic operating instructions by rooting around like a pig searching for truffles.

If I buy  car - I don't expect the the manual [and yes they still include manuals I believe] to teach me how to drive or how to drive in the snow ... but I do expect it to tell me how to change the clock on the dash, where fuses are and all the things specific to the automobile.

But I rather doubt given your response you will be moved one iota from your position.
PS I knew about the search function and not what I asked about - no more than Robert asked you to teach him astrophotography.