Re: Counterweight improvising

Harry

Hi Edwin, I believe I have the same equipment as you do, but I have not used any guiding software, as I have a “no laptop” rule. I have been somewhat successful in astrophotography, but my exposures are limited to 30-45 seconds, and I am using ExploreStars on an iPad or Fire HD8. I know this is less than ideal, and not how the mount/software was intended, but I accept this limitation. I am waiting for a ASIair or other substitute, that is compatible with PMC 8. As my previous post and photos, I have been successful using a combination of ES and other weight combinations. The iExos 100 is a great little “engine that could”.
--
Harry
Vero Beach, FL