Re: Received my new EXOS-2GT #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

Timothy Myers

Bob,

I also found that I could sit in a chair and sighting through the Polar Scope was not a big issue. I ended up making marks on my driveway that helped get the mount close to the same spot each time I use it, and then started using Sharp Caps Polar Alignment tool. I have not had to site through the PA Scope in three or four months, since starting with Sharp Cap.

I did notice however a couple weeks ago that my Polar Scope had come loose, internally. Had to remove it and tighten things up, which means I need to re-align it. i could easily do that after setting the scope up one evening, but I keep forgetting to do it. Have you done a good alignment of your Polar Scope?
--
Tim Myers

Telescopes:     Celestron 4SE, Celestron 8SE, SkyWatcher 100ED Pro
Mounts:           4-5 SE, 6-8SE, EXOS-2GT with PMC-Eight
Cameras:        ASI1600MC, Cooled
Tablets:           Asus Nexus 7, Amazon Fire 7
Laptop:           Lenovo