Re: #iexos-100 Azimuth Adjuster Adapter experiences & ST2/ST3 mount question #iEXOS-100

esanc001@...

Sean,
I do have the azimuth adjuster and the st3 tripod.  I did this out of necessity as I decided to get the ed-80 and start guiding and I could not get balanced.
I did have the tripod from my old exos2 so it was the best decision for me.   
If I would have known what I know now, I should have gotten the exos2-pmc8 but to your question,
if you are going to put more weight (guiding), if you are going to use sharpcap for PA, and if you get st3 you MUST get the azimuth adjuster.

For me, all is working now after lots of learning/frustration.

GL
Edwin

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Lloyd Simons <simonsl23@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 7:18:46 AM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] #iexos-100 Azimuth Adjuster Adapter experiences & ST2/ST3 mount question

Sean,

I can't speak to the tripod specifically since I only have the stock one. I have the Azimuth adjuster and it was a game changer. My experience was similar to yours for PA and I was quite frustrated by it. Adding the Azimuth adjuster made PA a breeze. I usually have excellent (sub 20 sec) PA in less than 5 min using Sharpcap. I struggled before to get "good" PA (less than 1 min). I would advise any new user that wants good PA to buy it if funds allow.
--
Lloyd Simons
Mattawan, MI
Telescopes: Astrotech AT72ED II, Orion 8" Dobsonian, Tectron 15" Dobsonian, Celestron Super Polaris C8
Imaging Camera: Canon T3i
Guide Camera: QHY5L-IIM on a 60mm F4 Guidescope
Mounts: iExos-100 PMC-8, Vixen Super Polaris
Mount Control: KODLIX gn41 mini PC, Explorestars on a Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70F Android 6.0
Software: N.I.N.A. for imaging, PHD2 for guiding, Sharpcap for PA, Cartes du Ciel, PixInsight

--
Edwin Sanchez
Iexos-100
ed-80 triplet
canon T6i

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.