locked Re: Raspberry Pi

Omar Rahman

Hi Kent,

I am using an Asiair (original-works great) and have an Asiair Pro on order. I also have a Stellarmate for which I downloaded the OS and put on a Pi4 myself. I control with my phone or a tablet. The Asiair works great and I can be imaging in about 20 minutes. Stellarmate I use for visual typically (since it interfaces with Skysafari and sometimes when I need to phd2 directly due to checking parameters or for testing guide settings. Asiair has a basic version of phd2 where you can change guide exposure time, aggressiveness, and some other settings, but cannot do diagnostics or many detailed settings.

I do mostly imaging and maximizing sky time has been invaluable. It also makes the process portable and cuts down on the power requirement significantly.

Omar
--

Scope:
ES ED102