Re: Meridian Flip maybe #EXOS2

Omar Rahman

Hi Bogdan,

I'm also a little confused about where Explore Stars comes into play here. I use the Asiair extensively (almost exclusively) via serial. I polar align first using the Exos polar scope. Then I turn everything on and use the Asiair to polar align accurately (I usually try to get in under 30" total error). From that point, targets can be centered using plate solving in the Asiair.

I'm not sure how the 3-star alignment would work. Meridian flip is a function of the Asiair and can be turned on or off in the Asiair app. If it's on, it shows at the bottom of the Autorun screen the time until the flip.

Hope this helps.
--

Scope:
ES ED102