Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Dave Cherry

No problem, I will send you later as I’m my recording studio now. Thanks

Dave

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 4:24 PM
To: MAIN@espmc-eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Astrophotography done with the iEXOS-100 post your picture and details lets show what this mount can do. #iexos-100 #astrophotography #ExploreScientific #astrophotography

Dave,

Do you mind sharing your current PHD settings (assuming you are using PHD).  I tried my 8" SCT about a month ago and had horrible star trails.  I wanna try again but would like a baseline to start with.  Sounds like you have one.

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars

ES ED80mm APO

Celestron 8" Edge HD

Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod

Orion Starshoot 50mm Autoguider

APT, CdC, Polemaster, PHD2

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 9:08 AM Dave Cherry <andromedacity@...> wrote:

Thanks,  well I tend to find lower hysteresis values help with 1.5 seconds exposure, with the 200pds tube on the mount the PMC loves to be nudged more frequently than with a small refractor 😊

definitely use a dark frame on your guide camera and get stars as small as poss on there as well.   Yes  I Am guiding both Ra and Dec, total error 90% of the time below 0.5 unless the wind blows my tube!

I’m with you, I like diffraction spikes,  good enough for Hubble, good enough for me 😊

Cheers

Dave

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 3:54 PM
To: MAIN@espmc-eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Astrophotography done with the iEXOS-100 post your picture and details lets show what this mount can do. #iexos-100 #astrophotography #ExploreScientific #astrophotography

Sorry Dave. I was so overcome with the image I lost ability to type.  Really nice.  Sharp focus to, what with the spider flare and all.  I love to see those things on the bright stars in a nebula picture.  Some see them as an issue, but not me.

You do anything special to get .5” guiding?  You guiding ra and dec?

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC
PMC-8, ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Virus-free. www.avg.com

--
Scopes: Sky Watcher 200PDS, Skywatcher 72ED
Mount: Explore Scientific PMC8 EXO2
Cameras: ASI 294MCPRO Coooled, Altair guide cam + 50mm scope
Software: Sharpcap Pro ,PH2, Stelarium Startools

--
Scopes: Sky Watcher 200PDS, Skywatcher 72ED
Mount: Explore Scientific PMC8 EXO2
Cameras: ASI 294MCPRO Coooled, Altair guide cam + 50mm scope
Software: Sharpcap Pro ,PH2, Stelarium Startools

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.