Dave Cherry

No problem, I will send you later as I’m my recording studio now. Thanks

Dave

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Jeff Snell
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 4:24 PM
To: MAIN@espmc-eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Astrophotography done with the iEXOS-100 post your picture and details lets show what this mount can do. #iexos-100 #astrophotography #ExploreScientific #astrophotography

Dave,

Do you mind sharing your current PHD settings (assuming you are using PHD).  I tried my 8" SCT about a month ago and had horrible star trails.  I wanna try again but would like a baseline to start with.  Sounds like you have one.

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars

ES ED80mm APO

Celestron 8" Edge HD

Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod

Orion Starshoot 50mm Autoguider

APT, CdC, Polemaster, PHD2

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 9:08 AM Dave Cherry <andromedacity@...> wrote:

Thanks,  well I tend to find lower hysteresis values help with 1.5 seconds exposure, with the 200pds tube on the mount the PMC loves to be nudged more frequently than with a small refractor 😊

definitely use a dark frame on your guide camera and get stars as small as poss on there as well.   Yes  I Am guiding both Ra and Dec, total error 90% of the time below 0.5 unless the wind blows my tube!

I’m with you, I like diffraction spikes,  good enough for Hubble, good enough for me 😊

Cheers