Gernot Schreider

Hi Bill & all,

Thanks for sharing Bill. Your writeup is very helpful information for a newbie and it is useful for me to see how you are proceeding.

I tried last night to get some pictures of Jupiter and Saturn but I was struggling mainly with focusing, I guess.
I also saw that Jupiter is quite bright compared to the moons, so I could not find a good exposure to get both well covered.
So my learning from this is if you want a good picture of Jupiter and the moons you need to combine two pictures.
If there are experts out there who know how to do it differently, please speak up.

My main issue however was with focusing.
I have reduced the exposure to be able to better judge on the sharpness of but since I have no focuser it was very much fiddling and no good result.
As a side note I had less issues with M57 or M13; less not meaning no issues...

How do you focus -especially planets?
I would appreciate to get some hints as I am new to astrophotography.
Comments from anyone very much welcome !

Greetings
Gernot
--
location: Germany 49,55N, 7,89E; mount: EXOS-2 PMC; telescope: Meade 8" ACF; guidescope: Orion 50mm, cameras: Sony Alpha 6000, ASI 120MC-S, laptop: Lenovo; OS: Windows 10 64bit, software: Stellarium, Sharpcap, Ascom platform, AstroTortilla, Sony Remote