Tony

I'm a Newbie, so please be gentle with me!

Third time out with the EXOS2-GT PMC8 and the Explore Scientific 208 f/3.9.  Had a frustrating night, took me two hours to get the guidecam to see enough stars to do a polar alignment in sharpcap.  I finally started imaging just after midnight,  and had to pack up around 2am.  I managed to crash the tube into the tripod once, and then waited a little too long to do a meridian flip.  Both times, simply parking the scope and realigning the arrows got me back in the game.  Go-to's with the new firmware are incredibly good, considering I have a zero star alignment.  M16 is clear on the other side of the sky from Polaris, and the go-to got it in the first camera shot.  Two iterations of plate-solving and the target was dead centered.

We had 9-10 MPH winds last night, but since we haven't had clear skies in a while, I had to get out there while I could.  PHD-2 had some trouble holding the target with the gusts, leading to some blurred stars.  But when it wasn't gusting, it held under .5 RMS fairly regularly.  This was from bortle 6 skies, 20 miles outside of NYC, shooting directly in between street lamps and over my neighbors porch lights and towards the heavier light pollution.  Not too much I can do about that though.

Target:  M16 - Eagle Nebula
Scope: Explore Scientific 208 f/3.9 Newt
Mount: EXOS2-GT PMC-Eight
Guidescope: SVBony 60mm
Guidecam: Generic Amazon AR0130
Imaging Cam: Canon 77d
Acquisition:  APT, PHD2, POTH, Sharpcap for PA.
Processing: SIRIL, Photoshop

15x60" RGB (No Filter)
22x60" Wratten #25 (Poor Man's Ha Filter)