Re: #astrophotography #goto #iexos-100 #astrophotography #polaralignment #iEXOS-100 #polaralignment #astrophotography #goto

brian skinner

Hi, I have now mastered my recently purchased ES iEXOS 100 polar scope. I've used it a couple of times now without any real difficulty. Last evening I managed a 600second exposure without any obvious trailing, without the polar scope around 120seconds was around my useable limit, so am well pleased.
One question I do have is wrt collimation. I have tried to collimate the polar scope using the three small cross head screws provided but found this basically impossible practically speaking. Thinking about it, provided I place polaris correctly in the reticule having previously aligned the reticule with either Ursa Major or Cass. Is collimation strictly necessary?
Thankyou, Brian