Re: Can EXOS2-GT PMC-EIGHT handle 200mm diameter f/5 newt? #EXOS2

Dan Kahraman

Bill:

I meant yes not "yet".

Dan Kahraman

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 16:18, Dan Kahraman via groups.io <dkahra213=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill:

The answer is yet but the other challenge will be good cable management...shifting cables are a no-no so they should be held in place yet allowed "slack" within those constraints.

Dan Kahraman

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 16:08, Bill Black <wcblack1020@...> wrote:
Hi Zernike Polynomial (nice!)
I have no problems using this mount with my 8" SCT. It sort of looks like a 200mm newt with the dew shield on it.
On top of the SCT, I have my 80mm APO riding piggy back plus cameras on both scopes.
My total equipment weight is 27 lbs and I have 27 lbs of counterweight as well.
If the seeing is good, I can guide to about 0.5" RMS in PHD.
--

Bill
Location: Dallas, GA

Mounts: EXOS II PMC-Eight, LXD75