Re: Crazy Question - What's The Difference Between the PMC8 and a Mini- Computer? #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL #OpenGOTO

Jennifer Shelly

Edited

Daryl:

There are many mini PCs out there.  Some are in the form of a kit and others are user ready.  Some have a Windows OS others have Raspberry Pi.

I ultimately decided on a Dell Optiplex Micro PC with 6 core Intel processor and Windows 10 x64 OS. The system works very well for me.  It also has enough processing power to run PixInsight.  I have a a little desk on wheels that I have the Dell Optiplex mounted underneath.  I just roll the cart out to my porch for an imaging session.  Previously I was using a gaming laptop and the Optiplex is much better.   Essentially it is like a laptop on steroids without a monitor, mouse, or keyboard.

Below are some pictures of my setup.

--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro