Re: How Do I Recover From a RN-131 FACTORY RESET? #G11 #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 11:28 PM, <zeccax@...> wrote:
I rebooted the device and now I can't see the internal RN-131 SSID in the wireless connections list. I can't connect to it and perform your procedure to set the values.
Hi Filippo,

I have a procedure to manually reset the RN-131 module back to the factory defaults again, using the hardware GPIO9 pin (as discussed in the Microchip RN-131 manual) but I am reticent to post it here because there is a fair chance that someone can cause a hardware failure if they are not careful or do not have experience doing this work on electronic circuitry. I want to verify that when you power up your PMC-Eight that 1) There is no SSID that pops up on your network list, and 2) that the system can still communicate via the serial port. I have notes that the SSID that pops up may have the word "save" in the name of the SSID, I am not sure if this is the case for your system. I know you are waiting on a cable to verify number 2 so we can wait for that. In the meantime, if you are comfortable opening up your PMC-Eight, you can still have your controller for use via serial and we can recover your wireless module if you can do the following:

1) Open up the PMC-Eight enclosure by removing the cover
2) Disconnect the antenna cable from the WiFi module daughter board
3) Remove all the DB9 screws (standoffs) from the 3 DB9 connectors (6 in all) this is how the board is mounted in the enclosure
4) Carefully remove the board paying close attention to the antenna cable and connector so that you don't damage them.
5) Pull the WiFi module daughter board from the main PMC-Eight board
6) Carefully place the main board back in the enclosure
7) Line up the connectors and screw holes in the enclosure and put the screws back in the DB9 connectors and tighten
8) Replace the enclosure cover.

If you decide to do this, you should first talk to Kent in customer support - service@... +1 (866) 252-3811 to get an RMA# or
you can log into our service request webpage at:

https://explorescientific.supportsync.com/

and submit a service request. If you submit a service request via our website, put a link to this message thread in the request to document our conversation.

Let me know what you decide to do.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data