Re: EXOS2 / mount level inconsistent with tripod level?

Gord Farmer

On Jun 29, 2020, at 1:23 PM, Jeff Snell <Jeffery.snell1@...> wrote:

Mine was nowhere close either but that is likely pretty common for small bubble levels like that.  They just won't overcome the friction inside the glass without a lot of "tapping."  I bought a small 8" builder's level from Lowe's.  It sits nicely with the mount attached on a little bit of a ledge along the left side of the mount as you face north.  Fits well across the back of the mount too underneath the polar scope.

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod
Lenovo Serial Connection w/APT, CdC, PHD2, Orion Starshoot Auto Guider, Polemaster

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 10:41 AM Jeny@ via groups.io <miachyn_yevhenii=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
How I did - attach mount head to a tripod, put level on saddle and level it (saddle should be parallel to the ground)
Make a dot with a marker on mount's bubble where 'true' level is.
--
EXOS2-GT PMC8
Orion150 Mak, Polemaster, ZWO ASI178MM