Re: How Do I Recover From a RN-131 FACTORY RESET? #G11 #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 12:23 PM, <zeccax@...> wrote:
$$$ Command mode doesn't work at all. I don't receive any answer from the unit. I tried anyway to use some commands just to see if it was just the CMD answer that was missing but no, command mode does not work.
Hi Filippo,

To be clear, the $$$ is the command mode for the RN-131 WiFi module not the PMC-Eight controller. So what I conclude from your excellent testing is that the WiFi module is still in the FACTORY DEFAULT configuration probably but has also failed in some way since the SSID is not showing up. Remind me where you purchased your PMC-Eight mount from again?  We can probably send you a replacement WiFi daughter board if you send yours back to us if you are comfortable removing it from the system. The PMC-Eight will still work fine with the serial adapter cable with the WiFi module removed. The alternative is to send your PMC-Eight box back to us to repair. 

Please contact Kent at service@... to arrange an RMA or if you are in Europe we need to arrange with Explore Scientific Germany to get a repair done.
Kent will see this message as he monitors the forum.

Thanks

--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.