going for advanced RC6 setup #EXOS2 #astrophotography

zernikepolynomial

After a lot of thought, I am going to go for a more difficult setup to do mid-narrow field astrophotography and possibly some other experimentation. I'll be trying out the exos2-gt with the PMC-eight system with an RC6 and off-axis guider. I am not an astronomer, but I have enough optics experience that I should be able to handle collimation just fine. I think I would be a little embarrassed if I could not figure it out with my background. So its going to come down to how well this thing can guide at higher focal lengths, and I am super motivated to try it out.

One thing I want to do is write an algorithm to tell the mount to automatically shift through steps using the DSI collimation method when using an artificial star.

http://www.deepskyinstruments.com/truerc/docs/DSI_Collimation_Procedure_Ver_1.0.pdf

Then write another algorithm to compute the deviation from an ideal diffraction pattern outside of focus like in the DSI method.

I could probably write this in labview, but labview can be more of a pain despite it already having a lot of libraries for imaging.

I wish I could go bigger, but I am not "well to do" to say at least.