Re: Tracking going wrong #iEXOS-100 #TECHNICAL #ExploreStars #astrophotography #windows10

Wes Mcdonald

Koen

Well you will remain limited in terms of your exposure times until you do go to guiding.  The iexos has more periodic error than the exos 2 in theory but neither can be used for long exposures without guiding.

I must say though that at 200mm being limited to less than 13 seconds seems extreme.

Maybe you experienced dec backlash after you turned the mount south.  Try deliberately biasing the dec axis so that when the scope points to the southeast the scope has no tendency to swing across the dec backlash.  Heavy camera end on the telescope is what you need.  Try that.

One day though you will need to guide.   But you should be ok with shirt exposures at 200 mm I would think.

Have you adjusted your backlash?