Re: New Purchaser of the EXOS 2 PMC-Eight

Wes Mcdonald

Desert

The polemaster absolutely is great. I use it.  But it does need a view of Polaris and surrounding stars.

The ioptron iPolar looks to be the same except they perform a plate solve and will get you polar aligned without looking at Polaris.  A friend of mine uses it and it works fantastic also.  Now I believe it is available to be mounted on any telescope mount such as our exos2 mounts, but have not myself done it.  Suggest to research that a bit and add it to your trade space analysis.