Re: Mounting camera to EXOS2 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Brad Becker

Jennifer:

Thanks for your feedback.  There seems to be a limited selection (ie can't find one) of 10" or longer Vixen style dovetails tall enough for the mount sporting 3/8" screw heads other than what ES offers.  I'm sure its great .. and may go ahead purchasing it .. but am curious what else is out there as it seems to be a bit of overkill for my needs.

I'm going to use the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II which is micro four third's (smaller lenses also) and was hoping the combination of less camera weight and beefier 3/8" ball heads would be adequate but may have to reconsider.  How are alt/az adjustments made without one?

I'm chuckling because if we can spend 2 - 3 pages discussing a simple DSLR mount what does the future hold for an actual scope attached.