Re: Polar Alignment (split from CDC Sky Chart Error Message)

hubbell_jerry@...

Hi Bob,

Yes, It is hard to develop and create a system that is all things to all people, or will do what is needed based on the local conditions. We don't have a mount AI that will see where you planted your tripod and figure out the local horizon and then align itself (yet!). So we have to learn enough to realize we setup the correct configuration for our observing session and go on from there. Sometimes the ExploreStars virtual alignment will work fine, other's we may need to do a good physical alignment. There are a lot of factors involved.

Thanks

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering