Re: Mounting camera to EXOS2 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Counterweights?

Yes, the two 5's that shipped with mine were overkill.  Should have been one like that and one half the size.  Better for customer value and would save ES some money as well.  They took the mount's overall weight rating a bit too literally when they sized those.  :-)

When I first got my mount, I set up very briefly for visual, and I could not balance my 102x621mm refractor with them.  Had to buy a 2kg counterweight to make that work.

That didn't last long.  Once I started hanging a camera off the back end and a guidescope off the top, I was able to retire the 2kg and use one of the original 5kg counterweights.

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide