Re: One beginner's guide to getting EXOS2/PMC8 fully operational with ASCOM, Stellarium, SharpCap, ASPS, and ASCOMPAD

Edited

Wes,
USB to Serial via Parallax FTDI chip cable (https://www.parallax.com/product/28031)
- tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports
- I have two of these cables and each gave the same results - interestingly, PMC Manager shows different COM ports whe I i plug in each cable/adapter (COM 3 and COM 5 respectively), in the same USP port
Nothing else connected to laptop at this time.

PmC-EIght Config Manager output:
7       Com Port: COM3
6       Com Port: COM3
5       Received:
4       Sending via Serial: ESX!
3       Received:
2       Sending via Serial: ESGp0!
1       The mount does not appear to be connected. Please check your settings and network connection.
0       Com Port: COM3

Tried WiFi connection - this worked. Disconnected the WiFi and attempted to switch to serial "Via ASCOM" and received pop up message:
"Mount is currently busy. Please try again in a second...":

31       The mount does not appear to be connected. Please check your settings and network connection.
30       Com Port: COM3
29       Switching to TCP......Already on TCP
28       Switching to TCP...
27       Switching to ASCOM......Could not switch.
26       Switching to ASCOM...
25       Switching to ASCOM......Could not switch

Could the PMC-Eight unit be faulty ?
Thanks,
Peter
--