Re: #EXOS2 #PMC-Eight stops tracking after 18 seconds #EXOS2 #pmc-eight

harvey.richard2007@...

Thank you Jerry :-))) I can't seem to find that 9t_17a_EXOS2 firmware file on the PMC-8 downloads page...?

Richard

Le ven. 24 juill. 2020 15:59, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> a écrit :
On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 04:14 AM, <harvey.richard2007@...> wrote:
My EXOS2 #PMC-Eight stops tracking completely after 18 seconds when connected to my ASIAir Pro. Any exposure longer than 10-15 seconds will result in star trails, *even* if the Tracking button is on in the ASIAir Android app.  Did someone experience the same with this mount?
Hi Harvey,

It sounds like the Communication Watchdog timer is stopping the mount's tracking. This is designed to kick in when a program or in your case, the ASIAIR stops sending commands to the mount. Typically ASCOM or in this case INDI clients would continuously query the mount to get real-time position data at a minimum. It sounds like this is not the case with the ASIAIR program(s).

The fix is to download the latest EXOS 2 PMC-Eight "a" version firmware (9t_17a_EXOS2) and install it on your PMC-Eight system.

I think this will correct your problem.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data