Re: Polar finder scope query from a total beginner #iEXOS-100 #polaralignment

Harry

I have found the Rigel Quickfinder easy to install, adaptable, and affordable. I use it with a DSLR and seperatly  a 80mm  scope.
Harry

On Aug 2, 2020, at 8:01 PM, jrichard333 <jrichard333@...> <jrichard333@...> wrote:

Good day all,

It does not hurt to ponder the mysteries of the universe.  I am a big believer of not reading manuals and believe all things should be intuitive; however, when normal logic evades me (yeah….keep running logic, I am closing in), I consult the manual.  iEXOS-100 pg. 12 pertains to backlash in the altitude knob which can vary between 1 to 1.5-degress due to the tangent arm design.

Have fun…first shot at clear skies in 1.5-weeks (well, we are being threatened by hurricanes)…we shall see in the upcoming hours.  In c losing, just go away rain, I don’t want to play…. ever!!!!

JR