For Those Having Problems with ASCOM Clients Running On ASCOM Platform 6.5 #ExploreScientific #ASCOM

Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering

If you have upgraded your ASCOM Platform to version 6.5 and have subsequently had problems with an ASCOM Client program such as SGP or other, please read this thread on the ASCOMTalk Groups,io forum. I think it is open to the public to read so you do not have to join the group (I don't think), but you may want to join anyway.

https://ascomtalk.groups.io/g/Help/topic/problems_connecting_my/75883422?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,75883422

There is some good information on how to turn on the ASCOM Tracing (log file) to further understand what might be happening with your client program. I would suggest that anything you may find out when using this tool should be forwarded to Peter Simpson, one of the developers of the platform. Peter is very easy to work with and welcomes any questions.
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.