Re: Slewing behavior: POTH Hub vs Device Hub #iEXOS-100 #ASCOM

Steve Lang

Hey Jerry.

1) I downloaded and installed devicehub (on Ascom Platofrm 6.4 sp1/latest/whatever) and noticed similar behavior with NINA. It worked for a while, then failed to slew and was generally not responsive. Had to restart ascom and use POTH instead, but I'm not convinced that devicehub is compatible with 6.4sp1 anyway. Will try to log a fault with dev's, but...

2) More importantly, I'm keen to test the new ascom driver with built in server (no POTH required.) Would prefer to do that with 6.4sp1 (my current setup) if that's useful to you, and I can test/run ascom conformance tool as well.

Cheers -

Cheers -

On 31/07/20 2:43 am, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering wrote:
I would suggest that if you are having problems with specific applications on the new ASCOM 6.5 platform, that you report it to the Application developer and also to the ASCOM-Standards developers. There is an ASCOM Platform Groups.io forum where you can report these issues and discuss them at:

https://ascomtalk.groups.io/g/Help

I am not going to pursue this myself as we are currently actively working on our PMC-Eight ASCOM Server that we will be releasing soon.
This will do away with the need to use POTH or the Device Hub. In the meantime,

I suggest that anyone wanting to use the new ASCOM platform 6.5 that you select POTH when you download the platform in the list of components to download. This is not automatically selected since it has been deprecated in this new platform version, but it is still available to select and install.
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

This email has been filtered by SMX. For more information visit smxemail.com

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11, Orion Atlas
Scopes: ES FCD100-80, GSO RC8, Orion XT10i
Cameras: QHY 8L, QHY163m, QHY5L-II, Polemaster
Misc: QHY FW, OAG
Software: NINA, PixInsight

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.