Re: Explore Scientific EXOS-2 PMC-Eight GOTO Mount illuminated polar alignment + 90 degree polar alignment

Shailendra Sharma <sshailendrasharma@...>

I'm not sure the video has attached to the email. So i have posted it on the fb page.

Cheers
S

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Shailendra Sharma <sshailendrasharma@...>
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2020 11:10:09 AM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Explore Scientific EXOS-2 PMC-Eight GOTO Mount illuminated polar alignment + 90 degree polar alignment

Hi guys. Will this affect my guiding and cause a problem?  Anyone found a good solution? 

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Nick Frederiksen <nfred1952@...>
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2020 7:47:59 AM
To: MAIN@espmc-eight.groups.io <MAIN@espmc-eight.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Explore Scientific EXOS-2 PMC-Eight GOTO Mount illuminated polar alignment + 90 degree polar alignment

Thumbs up from me, looks just the job.
Spurred me on to look for similar and adapt to fit as you have done.
Thx

Nick Frederiksen

Exos-2 mount
Home made 8 inch Dobsonian
Canon 6d
Dell laptop
Acer laptop

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020, 23:32 Mike Hammer, <kmhammer1@...> wrote:
I forgot to mention that the illuminator switch is also a potentiometer. You need to keep turning it (clockwise) to bring up the brightness. Just turning till it clicks on will not give adequate illumination. And don't forget to turn it off when done. there is no auto-shutoff timer and your battery will be dead the next time you go to use it.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 5:47 PM <nfred1952@...> wrote:
Hi all

Recently purchased above mount, can anyone confirm if the reticule in the polar alignment scope should be illuminated, I can turn the small knob and I can hear a switch made but no illumination, what am I missing, retailer I bought from not sure, is there a battery somewhere?
Plus I am having great trouble polar aligning. I am at 53 degrees latitude here in NW UK its virtually impossible without lying on the floor to get an eyeball to the polar scope viewing lense, are there any simple solutions i.e a 90 degree prism device I can attach, I am aware of Polemaster and Sharpcap but don't want to shell out another 2-3 hundred pounds, any thoughts/help??
Nick Frederiksen

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.