From: brian skinner <brianjimskinner@...>
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Aug 8, 2020 9:21 am
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Explore Scientific EXOS-2 PMC-Eight GOTO Mount illuminated polar alignment + 90 degree polar alignment

Hi Doug, my modus operandi doesn't worry about putting stars in the reticle circles. I eyeball either Ursa Major OR CASS. (either will do). I then rotate the reticle of the PS carefully until the orientation of the real constellation and the reticule constellation are the same. I then physically move the mount and lat adjuster until Polaris appears in the reticule. Additional careful mount adjustment is done until Polaris is positioned in the little gap along the line marked Polaris. I then power up my mount and away I go.
Please note I am using the iEXOS100 PS, yours maybe different.

Hope that helps, Brian
--
Brian Skinner
iEXOS100