Re: Tracking #EXOS2

Shailendra Sharma <sshailendrasharma@...>

Astap works just fine. I just prefer plate solver. They all work though. Just depends on speed for your setup. I find astap fails.more often. But have seen other who love astap.

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of kevin power <kevinpower@...>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 12:03:18 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Tracking

Thank you I was watching as you replied. I am assuming that PHD2 keeps the speed correct with the auto star selection? I have been using ASTAP plate solver would you recommend a different one? Thanks

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Shailendra Sharma <sshailendrasharma@...>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 11:58:56 AM
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Tracking

Hey I have done a vid. On a sequence in nina without polar alignment. I have 5 mins subs doing this routine. Normally stick to 3 though as quicker ;-) https://www.facebook.com/groups/775235275932996/permalink/2990943017695533/

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of kevin power <kevinpower@...>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 11:23:36 AM
Subject: [ESPMC-Eight] Tracking

Hi I am new to this, had my EXOS 2 PMC8 for a couple of months now and everything seems to be working fine apart from I cannot take images for longer than 60 seconds without getting trails. 

I have been using Sharpcap 2 with a Altair GPCAM2 290C for polar aligning attached to Skywatcher Evostar Ed80, I get exelent according to sharpcap. 

I then slew to an object in Stellarium but am always off? 

I amusing POTH hub and connected to laptop via serial port.

I will be trying N. I. N. A. soon to see if there is a difference. 

Any help or suggestion welcome. Thanks

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.