Connecting the G11 or EXOS 2 PMC-Eight To An Existing WiFi Internet Router #G11 #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

CAUTION: The following information is provided for information only, use at your own risk.
Explore Scientific supports the OpenGOTO Community in making the most use of their PMC-Eight system including making certain modifications to, and maintaining their systems without voiding the warranty. Restoring the system back to the original settings by Explore Scientific may incur additional costs (repair and shipping).

This is a repost of a procedure developed by Karl and submitted to the WikiSubmissions subgroup detailing how to configure your G11 or EXOS 2 (Model 2A-06B) PMC-Eight controller to connect to your existing WiFi Internet router. This has been requested several times over the past 3 years. I took the message thread started by Karl on this and turned it into a pdf document (attached) for easy download.

Here are links to a couple of documents which have supplemental information including the PMC-Eight Programmer's Reference and the Microchip Wifly Command Reference Manual

http://02d3287.netsolhost.com/pmc-eight/PMC_Eight_ProgrammersReferenceManual_Release2_2019_March_07.pdf

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/50002230B.pdf

I must warn you again that you perform this modification to the PMC-Eight at your own risk.
I will be creating an enhancement feature request to Chris Moses' PMC-Eight Configuration Manager to include a function to restore the Microchip RN-131 module back to the Explore Scientific settings. This will take some time to research and implement so in the meantime you do this modification at your own risk. The PMC-Eight Programmer's Reference contains the procedure to restore the RN-131 to the Explore Scientific settings so it is possible to do this yourself, but takes a certain level of technical skill and knowledge.

I want to assure everyone that we will always be here to help you in making  changes to your PMC-Eight control system to ensure you have continued use of your PMC-Eight system.as originally delivered to you.

Thanks for your continued support.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data