locked Re: 2 Star Alignment frustration #alignment

Mario

Hi Wade,

Funny you should say that...I have an ASIAir Pro that I was planning to use with the iExos :)
After seeing your note I watched a demo of the ASIAir PA process....very cool. I have clear skies this evening and will be trying it first thing.
(FYI....I run the ASIAir app via Bluestacks on my Windows 10 laptop. For me, it's a little easier than holding a tablet - I like the point-and-click of a mouse)

Jerry and Team, Wade has a very good point... as a really new user of the iExos and Explorestars, I'm still living the first-touch challenges.
Anything that can improve this experience as significantly as integrating an 'easy' PA process into Explorestars should be considered.
I say this first-hand as the PA user experience with the Skyguider Pro with iPolar installed is so very easy to use by comparison. I'm looking forward to using the ASIAir PA experience as additional comparison.

I'm also going to give the ASIAir goto features a shot. I started this thread due to my challenges with the 2-star alignment process and specifically with aligning the mount using the Explorestars app controls.
While I get that what we do involves a fair bit of technical expertise and know-how, improving this process would be a good way to opening up the user-base for the mount by improving this key feature.

Hope it's something that's considered going forward,

Happy to volunteer as a beta-tester :)

Regards,

Mario
Streetsville, Ontario

Mounts: iExos 100, Skyguider Pro
Scopes/Lenses: Main/Orion 80mm, DSLR/Tamron 18-400mm lens, guide/ZWO-340A
Eyepieces:  20mm, K9MM, KE100
Cameras: Canon T2i DSLR, ZWO120MM (guide)
Imagine Software: iPolar (for Skyguider polar alignment), iCap, Explorestars, Canon EOS Utility
Processing Software: Photoshop