Steve Lang

So, here's my latest attempt to process some recent/decent data.

It is, of course, Eta Carina. Not the most challenging of targets, but I
spent a lot of time on it, practiced and learnt a lot to get it this far.

I kind of like this mix more than I thought I would, hope you do too.

* Explore Scientific PMC-8 Losmandy G11
* Exploer Scientific FCD100-80, TSFlat 2
* Astronomik 6nm filters
    - Ha 137 x 120Sec (4.57Hrs)
    - Oiii 77 x 120Sec (2.57Hrs)
    - Sii 70 x 120Sec (2,33Hrs)
* QHY163m, QHY CFW2-US, QHY OAG (QHY 5L-II-M)
* PHD2, NINA, PixInsight

Taken from my rural front yard, Bortle 4/5, multiple different nights
some of which were full moon.

Numerous subs deleted due to thin cloud, user error, shitty memory etc.
etc.

It is my first completed narrowband image (and an evolution of the
grayscale one which was just Ha that spurred me on ). Processed
generally with some aspects of Light Vortex Astronomy tutorials and some
other scripts (denoise, soft stretch), some manual Local Histogram
Extension and a specific colour combination.

I wanted this to be stark, red, and violent - this is how I will
remember 2020 and Covid19. The mix of Oiii/Sii is intentionally subtle,
but it is a very simple mix. I tried various other combinations (hubble,
SHO etc.) but always came back to this mix. As I said, this is how I
will remember 2020 😉

This email has been filtered by SMX.
For more information visit http://smxemail.com

*Mounts:* ES PMC-8 G11, Orion Atlas
*Scopes:* ES FCD100-80, GSO RC8, Orion XT10i
*Cameras:* QHY 8L, QHY163m, QHY5L-II, Polemaster
*Misc:* QHY FW, OAG
*Software:* NINA, PixInsight