Re: iexos-100 beginner comments (Mac user) #iEXOS-100 #FIRMWARE #iPadOS

Mirko Gude

Hi Harry,

maybe it is usefull: you can switch to serial with the iEXOS 100 and a Max via Terminal. There is no need to install Windows only for switching to serial. I use the command „nc“ (Netcat“) and CoolTerm to switch back.

Best Regards,
Mirko

Am 19.08.2020 um 16:06 schrieb Harry via groups.io <flykai1@...>:

Hi Anon, my setup is very similar to yours. Here is what I have found:

You are correct in that ExploreStars on iPad must be the only app running, and iPad must not go to sleep.
I have the “Using FW” box active, and it stays that way. I also have the “Show Alignment Data” and “Auto Align Off” selected.

I use the PS Align Pro app to aid polar alignment. I do not use the mounts PA tunnel. I use the live view screen on my Nikon D5500 dslr and lens, with the PS Align Pro to “offset” Polaris with the NCP. It works pretty well. I may then select my first target, but for better and more consistent results will follow up the PA with a 2 Star Alignment.

So, regarding dslr photography, I can consistently get 30” exposures, and sometimes as much as 80 seconds. But beyond 30 is increasingly doubtful.

I am also a Mac user. I plan on installing Parallels/Windows so I can change the 100 to serial mode instead of WI-Fi, (which ExploreStars uses) and use a serial cable to control the mount. I have an ASIair arriving today, so that will control many programs, and control it with my iPad. First I will use it unguided, then guiding later on.

 I’m always learning.

Harry

--
Harry
Vero Beach, FL

Mounts: ES iExos 100-PMC Eight, ExploreStars iPad, Fire HD8
Software: MacOS, Starry Sky Stacker, Affinity Photo, Lightroom,  SkySafari Plus
Cameras: Nikon D600, D5500
Misc: ES USB Power Bank, Rigel QuikFinder, 0.8x Focal Reducer, Filters:
 Optolong L-Pro, L-eNhance

--

Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS 100, ES EXOS2-GT
Scopes: Skywatcher 80/600