locked Re: 2 Star Alignment frustration #alignment

Harry

Hi Mario, I enjoyed your video on a “manual“ PA alignment with the ASIair pro. Like you, I cannot connect my iExos100 mount to the ASIair yet. Can I ask a couple of questions?

After you’re done with the PA, I assume you return the mount to the home position. Do you then open ExploreStars, and use the “Reset Alignment “ button? If you do, do you then do a 2/3 star alignment, or skip this step as you should already have an accurate PA.

Do you power on the mount before you do the ASIair PA, or only after you have completed the PA and returned the mount manually to its home position?

Thanks, Harry
--
Harry
Vero Beach, FL

Mounts: ES iExos 100-PMC Eight, ExploreStars iPad, Fire HD8
Software: MacOS, Starry Sky Stacker, Affinity Photo, Lightroom,  SkySafari Plus
Cameras: Nikon D600, D5500
Misc: ES USB Power Bank, Rigel QuikFinder, 0.8x Focal Reducer, Filters:
 Optolong L-Pro, L-eNhance