locked Re: 2 Star Alignment frustration #alignment

Chris Bourque

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 01:51 AM, Mario wrote:
Thanks for the updated steps....I've put them all into an 'ASIAir Pro with iExos 100' guide which I'll post into the ASIAir forum.

I would be very interested in your guide for this, Mario! You guys are getting me pretty pumped to try this ASIAIR Pro device. It sounds like a very elegant solution to (what seemed to me) like a very clunky procedure. That is, the idea of setting up an auto-guiding system seems quite daunting to me as a beginner to AP. Coupled with the fact that you need a dedicated computer system capable of processing the necessary images and software, and have this all setup outside in the cold/wet. Not to mention the multitude of options in terms of software setups.

I am really quite excited about the idea of the ASIAIR Pro, and think it would be an excellent investment for me.
Mario - quick question. I see in your signature you are located in ON, Canada (I am in New Brunswick). Where would you suggest I purchase the ASIAIR from? OntarioTelescope seems to have them listed, but they are currently on back-order (along with pretty much everything ZWO branded). Just curious if this is who you went with as well?

Thanks!