Re: Notes on tuning the EXOS-2/PMC8 mount hardware V2 #EXOS2

Darryl Ellis

Outstanding document Robert.  I only meant to scan it while here at work, lol, but found myself going through it in a lot more detail than I had planned.

Thank you for explaining the heavy east and camera heavy balancing.  For some reason I have had trouble getting my head wrapped around that concept.  However, your explanation made it apparent.

You may recall that at one point I posted that I was getting five minute subs with my Exos 2 using an RC6.  Balance and proper guide scope were the key.  Well I have returned to a modified version of that, but have not yet repeated those results.  This made me start thinking about how I can better balance things and improve the performance of my setup.

Your guide provides the information I need to deep dive into making the necessary improvements.

I really appreciate your work and sharing it with us.  Thank you.

Darryl
--

DHEllis59, Dover, DE

Astro Tech RC 6 w Pegasus Focus Cube and QHY10 OSC Camera
Orion ST 80 Guidescope and QHY 5 III 290c Guide Camera
Explorer Scientific EXOS GT 2 With PMC Eight Controller,
ES 16" Truss Tube Dobsonian and Orion XT8 with Nexus II DSC via Sky Safari Pro,
Celestron Luminous 31mm, Meade MWA 21mm, 15mm, 10mm, and 5mm EPs
Celestron Skymaster 15x70
and 15x25 binoculars
20/20 or better vision in both eyes due to recent cataract surgery!!!
"The LORD by wisdom founded the earth, By understanding He established the heavens" - Proverbs 3:19