Re: Problems Tracking with ExploreStars #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

Michael,

Your last post to Jerry made me go back and check your previous posts to see what the problem was.  It seems to have to do with Polar Alignment issues, and you've received lots of advice on that.  I've nothing to add on that score, because I went straight to sharpcap and skipped all that.

The one thing that I do have to add is that it is possible for one to achieve a good polar alignment and then have it degrade during the session, due to one or more tripod-related issues.  This might explain the variability you seem to be experiencing.

If you DO achieve a good polar alignment, but things go bad later anyway, Section 5 of the tuning doc might be of help.

- Bob

https://espmc-eight.groups.io/g/MOUNTS/files/EXOS2PMC8_TuningNotes_v2.pdf

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2