From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Robert Hoskin <devonshire@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 3:26:56 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io>
Subject: [ESPMC-Eight] Shailendra's guide issue #EXOS2

Shailendra,

New topics should go in new threads!  Easy to do if you want to branch off an existing one, from email - just change the subject line, like I did.  :-)

Re: your guiding going bad after adding dew heaters...  How are you powering your mount?  Off the mains, or battery?  And if battery, what kind?   Thinking voltage drop may be messing you up...

Re: Lock (aka clutch) adjustment.  Not that I know of, but the EXOS2 is a descendant of the LXD75, and the stardeck observatory pages cover that, although it's a bit confusing that he jumps from lock adjustment to worm adjustment, so parse that section carefully.  :-)

Link below.  Just FYI, while the exploded diagrams you'll find on that page are certainly close to of our mount internals, they are not correct where bearings and related spacers are concerned.

You can see the lock components on the diagrams.  Pretty simple - lever and threaded rod, presses a little button of some hard metal against the side of the ring gear.  This creates a mechanical link between the outer shell of the mount, that your scope attaches to, and the ring gear, which is permanently engaged with the worm and motors.  Lock off, no engagement, lock on, engagement.

- Bob

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020, at 04:26, Shailendra Sharma wrote:
Morning guys,

is there a way to check tracking during the day? I added a few dew heaters and knocked my guiding from 0.70 to 5.45 and had lots if issues last night. So will rebalanced and try again. Also I need to adjust the ra lock. Do we have a vid or docs?

Thanks
Chox

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide
Cameras:  Nikon D5300, Altair GPCAM2 290M
Computer:  Thinkpad x230, Win7Pro/64