Re: EXOS2 PMC-Eight Polar Alignment issue.

Bill Kinnair <kinnawill@...>

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 12:16 AM, Jason Colbeck wrote:
I'm in the same position,,,not exactly sure how to aligning Polaris with the reticle markings,,I'm doing what you do with the pole finder app,,but I notice that different scopes some times have it inverted,,,so If it says for example 10 to on the app ,,try 20 to on your reticle,,I did & I was a lot closer.  Still,,I'm looking at changing it to one I'm more familiar with .This fits eq5 mounts so Hoping this fits the exos-2

On Wed, 2 Sep 2020, 15:25 kinnawill via groups.io, <kinnawill=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all new to the forums and new to stargazing.

I do analogise if this issue has been answered before, I did try to search but cannot find any information.

So I bought the EXOS2 PMC-Eight and I've been trying to polar align for the past two nights but failing miserably, could anyone please shed some light on this for me please.

Things I've tried are setting the mount level using the inbuilt bubble level and also using another bubble level to make sure, setting the correct altitude for my location, pointing the mount North and positioning Polaris in the little circle. I've tried adjusting the RA position so the counter balance arm is pointing at the Polaris clock (I use an app to find the Polaris time) then fine adjust the mount to get Polaris in the little circle, but all this just seems to fail, I ask the mount to point to an object but every time the position is miles off.

I'm obviously doing something terribly wrong here any help for a noob would be gratefully appreciated.

Another note, I've watched a few videos about the polar scope collimation and tested if it's correct and all is fine.

Thanks, Bill.
Yes I made sure the Polar scope was calibrated.