sticky Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Mario

Awesome. Thank you both.

If the resulting images from a monochrome CCD are, well, monochrome....how is the colour added to the final image?
Practically, do you just use a filter wheel and take separate Blue, Green and Red lights which are then stacked together later?

I'm assuming this is correct as I've read references to this process.

Regards,

Mario

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 1:13 PM Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 01:04 PM, Mario wrote:
But is a bigger number better?
Should we be gunning for the biggest number we can afford?
Hi Mario,

Yes!

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Regards,

Mario
Streetsville, Ontario

Mounts: iExos 100, Skyguider Pro
Scopes/Lenses: Main/Orion 80mm, DSLR/Tamron 18-400mm lens, guide/ZWO-340A
Computer: ASIAir
Cameras: Canon T2i DSLR, ZWO120MM (guide)
Utility Software: iPolar (for Skyguider polar alignment), iCap, Explorestars, Canon EOS Utility
Image Processing Software: Photoshop