sticky Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Jeff Snell

Hi Mario,
Although I don't own a filter wheel (yet) or a new camera (yet), you are on point.  You can also have separate Hydrogen, Sulfur, and Oxygen filters as well in the wheel.  Many options/models to choose from...I've looked at 5 position/7 position models.  Some wheels are automated via various programs like APT so all you do is program it and let it go.  Others are manual.  I'm sure many more of the folks on the forum have the experience with these.

I've even seen bundled ZWO/Filter wheel combos with filters.

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 11:30 AM Mario <mario1546@...> wrote:
Awesome. Thank you both.

If the resulting images from a monochrome CCD are, well, monochrome....how is the colour added to the final image?
Practically, do you just use a filter wheel and take separate Blue, Green and Red lights which are then stacked together later?

I'm assuming this is correct as I've read references to this process.

Regards,

Mario

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 1:13 PM Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 01:04 PM, Mario wrote:
But is a bigger number better?
Should we be gunning for the biggest number we can afford?
Hi Mario,

Yes!

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Regards,

Mario
Streetsville, Ontario

Mounts: iExos 100, Skyguider Pro
Scopes/Lenses: Main/Orion 80mm, DSLR/Tamron 18-400mm lens, guide/ZWO-340A
Computer: ASIAir
Cameras: Canon T2i DSLR, ZWO120MM (guide)
Utility Software: iPolar (for Skyguider polar alignment), iCap, Explorestars, Canon EOS Utility
Image Processing Software: Photoshop