Re: Slew Errors #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service

once i polar align and do a two or three star alignment i sync it to the mount and it should go to the said object that i choose and then i plate solve to make sure that's its where its supposed to be.

Then i use what ever program i use to recenter said object and away i go if that makes sense.

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Bob via groups.io <drrtownsend@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 2:13 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Slew Errors #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

[Edited Message Follows]

That is interesting, so you suggest rather than plate solving at the park position, I should go to M31 and plate solve there.  But why does the mount swing to the left instead of the right, would the error be that great?

As it is raining now, I'll set it up in the house.  I'll put it in the park position and tell it to slew to M31 and see if it goes the right way.
--
Bob T
Mt. Pleasant, MI

EON 110