From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Bob via groups.io <drrtownsend@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 2:28 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Slew Errors #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

Well Tyler here is the problem I have.  Ok, let's say the error is with plate solving at the NCP.  I still slew 'somewhere' and plate solve there, so now the scope should know where it is.  Given that it now knows where it is it should be a simple matter to go where it is told.  Yet it continues to go somewhere else.  I plate solve there, so now the scope again knows where it is pointing, and tell it to go somewhere to a known target, yet it moves in a completely different direction.  Can I reset the mount?  Maybe it starts with bad data and no matter what I tell it to do it is still lost?

--
Bob T
Mt. Pleasant, MI

EON 110