Re: Slew Errors #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

Lloyd Simons

Bob,

If you plate solve and sync at the ncp you can confuse the mount. I think it can break the pointing model. Syncs at the ncp routinely give issues. By omitting this solve and sync you should be fine.
1. Polar align.
2. Turn on mount and connect to software.
3. Slew to Target.
4. Plate solve and sync.
This works well for me.

Looks like we are going to have a couple clear nights here in Michigan for you to try it out. Good luck.

--
Lloyd Simons
Mattawan, MI